Wednesday, January 27, 2010

So easy granola bars

I am constantly on the search for a good homemade granola bar recipe. I love a good granola bar, but I don't like the prices or the ingredients for store bought bars. My friend Christy, from www.mommysavers.com had been raving about the bars she made, so I emailed her for the recipe. She referred me to a link on www.allrecipes.com entitled "Easy Granola Bars." Talk about easy!

I only made a half batch and added two teaspoons of maple syrup. I also toasted the coconut and almonds before adding them to the mixture. James and I both thought these had a great flavor and texture . With my half batch I was able to get 8 decent size bars. I hope you enjoy the bars!

For those of you coconut haters (put me in this group), you cannot taste the coconut!


No comments:

2011 Challenge = Support Local Eateries

Read about our 2011 Challenge here.