Sunday, January 31, 2010

Bread Machine Sour Cream-Vanilla Bread

*** UPDATE *** This bread makes AWESOME French toast!!!

If you remember I got some sour cream for free last week with the HEB meal deal. After flipping through a bunch of recipes, I decided to try this recipe from Betty Crocker. I tried to get the link up, but there is a problem with their site this morning.

This is a good bread, but it is nothing like the description on their website. It is basically just a slightly sweet white bread, not "pound cake - like" as described by Betty Crocker. It had a nice airy texture, which contradicted a bunch of the reviews.

James was pretty happy to actually have a white bread in our house. I'm not sure when I last made a white bread but I will definitely be making this again. I am going to toast it up for breakfast this morning and make French toast with the leftovers tomorrow morning.


Bread Machine Sour Cream-Vanilla Bread - from Betty Crocker
1/2 c water
1/3 c sour cream
1 T vanilla
1 egg
1 T butter, softened
3 c Bread flour
3 T sugar
1 1/4 t salt
2 t bread machine yeast or quick active dry yeast (I used regular yeast and it worked well.)

1. Measure all ingredients and place in bread machine in order recommended by the manufacturer.

2. Select Sweet or Basic/White cycle. Use Light crust color. Do not use delay cycle. Remove baked bread from pan, and cool on wire rack.

No comments:

2011 Challenge = Support Local Eateries

Read about our 2011 Challenge here.