Thursday, January 15, 2009

Tortellini Alfredo and Parmesan Muffins



We ended up using a coupon to go out to eat last night so I decided to use the tortellini tonight. I just made a simple Alfredo sauce and tossed the pasta with it. I made some Parmesan muffins to go with the meal and they were yummy! I would suggest that you serve them warm. I got the original recipe from the 2001 Quick Cooking Annual Cookbook and then made some changes to fit what I had on hand. The following is my version:


Parmesan Muffins


2 c all-purpose flour ( I used organic)

3/4 c grated Parmesan cheese

1 3/4 t sugar

2 t baking powder

1/2 t garlic powder

1/2 t dried oregano

2 t dried basil

1/2 t baking soda

1 egg

1 1/4 c buttermilk

1/4 c vegetable oil (I think olive oil would be good as well.)


Combine the dry ingredients. Beat egg, buttermilk, and oil in a small bowl. Stir the wet mixture into the dry mixture, just until combined. Fill paper-lined muffin cups 2/3 full of batter. Bake at 400 degrees for 17-19 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.

No comments:

2011 Challenge = Support Local Eateries

Read about our 2011 Challenge here.