Sunday, February 21, 2010

Baking day - Peanut Butter Oatmeal cookies

I had a mini baking day today, including a new recipe. I made Chocolate Chocolate Chip cookies, whole wheat English muffins, granola bars, and Peanut Butter Oatmeal cookies. I also got a lot of housework done.

The PB Oatmeal cookies are based on a recipe I found in the 2007 Taste of Home 100 Best Cookies magazine. I changed a few things and came up with a pretty good cookie.


Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies:
1/2 c peanut butter
1/4 c butter, softened
3/4 c packed brown sugar
1/4 c granulated sugar
3/4 t baking powder
1/4 t baking soda
1 egg
1/2 egg replacement equivalent (not Egg-beaters, a powdered egg substitute that is mixed with water)
1 t vanilla
2 c quick-cooking oats
1/4 c chopped pecans
3/4 c chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Mix peanut butter and butter together until well blended. Add in sugars, baking powder, and baking soda; mix until combined. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
3. Stir in oats, nuts, and chocolate chips.
4. Drop teaspoon sized mounds of dough onto a silpat lined cookie sheet, leaving about 2 inches between each mound. Bake for 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool.

Next time I make these I will try to replace all the eggs instead of just half of one. Yummy!

** I thought I had posted the chocolate chocolate chip cookie recipe, but I can't find it on my blog. I look some more and if I can't find it I'll post the recipe. **

No comments:

2011 Challenge = Support Local Eateries

Read about our 2011 Challenge here.