Wednesday, February 3, 2010

White Chicken Chili

First new recipe of the week is white chicken chili from Betty Crocker. I only changed three things about the recipe so I am not going to retype it. First, I halved the recipe. . .it would have been too much for the two of us to eat. Second, I used homemade chicken stock instead of canned because that is what I had in my home. Third, I added several dashes of hot sauce. I also didn't add tomatoes or tortilla chips.

This was a very good soup. I'm not sure why it is called a "chili". I always think chilies are supposed to be really thick. This recipe gave us more of thin broth filled with yummy chicken and beans. We both really liked the flavor and texture of this soup and will definitely be eating it again.

Oh yeah, I didn't completely follow the directions. We can't really have much food out at a time because Marshmallow Man is going through his terrible twos. So instead of cooking the soup on the stove top I cooked it in the crockpot in a different room. Still very good!


No comments:

2011 Challenge = Support Local Eateries

Read about our 2011 Challenge here.