Saturday, February 27, 2010

Oatmeal waffles

I finally got some new plates that I have been searching for! I think food looks much better on white plates and I really wanted square ware!

The oatmeal waffles recipe is from the 1999 Taste of Home cookbook. I halved the recipe and changed it up a little bit. I got 2 waffles out of the batter.


Oatmeal waffles
1 egg
1 cup buttermilk (I used 1 T vinegar and skim milk)
1/2 T brown rice syrup (sub molasses if you don't have this)
1/2 T veg oil
1/2 c whole wheat flour
1/4 c all-purpose flour
1/4 t salt
1/2 t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
In a large bowl, combine the egg and milk. Add oats and mix well. Stir in syrup and oil. add flours, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Use batter to make waffles according to the directions with your waffle maker.
These were okay waffles. I liked the texture of the oats in the waffle, but I like my waffles a little more dense. These were pretty light.

No comments:

2011 Challenge = Support Local Eateries

Read about our 2011 Challenge here.