Sunday, February 21, 2010

Tater tot casserole

I'm sure everyone has their own recipe for a tater tot casserole, but I have never gotten around to making one. Shame on me since James loves tater tots. I essentially just threw some stuff together and came up with a really good casserole.

Kat's tater tot casserole:
1 pound ground beef
1 can hot chili beans with sauce
1 can Fiesta nacho cheese soup
Enough tater tots to cover the top

1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Brown ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat. When cooked, drain off fat.
3. Add in the beans (with juice) and the soup. Fill half of the soup can with water and add that to the skillet. Stir all these together and cook for about 4 minutes.
4. Pour beef/bean/cheese mixture into a casserole dish. I reserved half of the mixture to make a soup later in the week and used a smaller casserole dish (I only feed two people).
5. Top with one layer of tater tots. Bake, uncovered, in oven for 20-25 minutes.

This was so yummy and had a lot of flavor. I can't wait to make a soup with the reserved mixture!

No comments:

2011 Challenge = Support Local Eateries

Read about our 2011 Challenge here.