I finally got around to making these cookies from Betty Crocker this morning. I usually like to do my baking on Mondays, but yesterday was crazy busy.
I changed the recipe a little by adding lemon extract to the filling, but I think it really improved the cookie. These are light on the inside and crunchy on the edges. They are nice mix of sweet and doughy. Most of all they are super easy and quick to make. I will definitely be making these again.
3 oz cream cheese, softened
1 T granulate sugar
1 T milk
1/4 t lemon extract
2 c Bisquick
2 T granulate sugar
1/4 c butter, softened
2/3 c milk
3/4 c powdered sugar
1 T milk
1/4 t vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 450°. Mix the filling ingedients together and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, stir the Bisquick, sugar and butter together until slightly crumbly. Add in milk and combine until a loose dough forms. This is more like a thick batter than a stiff dough.
3. On a greased cookie sheet (I used silpat sheets) drop dough by rounded tablespoons about 2 inches apart. Using the back of a spoon, make a well in the center of each cookie. Fill each well with about a teaspoon of filling.
4. Bake 8 - 10 minutes (mine were perfect right at 8 minutes) so the cookies are golden brown.
5. Mix the glaze ingredients. Let the cookies cool slightly and top with the glaze.