Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Warm & Gooey Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake - NOPE!

I got the recipe for this dessert from an app on my iTouch. I can't find where they got the recipe from, but I think it might be a Kraft recipe. I have to tell you I am not that impressed with this dessert. I don't know if it is because of the changes I had to make or just the recipe itself. It was not gooey.

I had to change the type of cake mix (I used German chocolate because I didn't have a plain chocolate cake mix), I only used 5 oz of cream cheese because that is what I had left, and I ended up using 5 eggs because one was really small.

I don't think I am going to keep this in my repertoire. They are okay, but not worth making again.


Warm & Gooey Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake
1 pkg chocolate cake mix
1/2 c butter, melted
4 eggs
1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese
1/2 c peanut butter
2 c powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Beat cake mix, butter and 2 eggs for two minutes. Spread onto bottom of 13x9-inch pan sprayed with cooking spray.
3. Beat remaining ingredients until well blended; pour over batter in pan.
4. Bake 30 min or until edges are firm.
5. Cool slightly.
We did like these better in the morning after refrigerating the cake overnight.

No comments:

2011 Challenge = Support Local Eateries

Read about our 2011 Challenge here.