Thursday, February 25, 2010

Slow-cooker Oriental Chicken

No picture today. I didn't eat dinner last night, but I did try a bite of this chicken. It was so moist and flavorful. James just ate it over some rice I had made. The recipe came from the 1999 Taste of Home Cookbook. I didn't have a whole chicken so I just used two chicken breasts.

Slow-cooker Oriental Chicken

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/3 c soy sauce
2 T brown sugar
2 T water
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 t ground ginger

1. Mix all ingredients except the chicken together. Pour half in the bottom of the slow-cooker.
2. Put each piece of chicken into the slow-cooker and flip each piece to coat both sides. Pour the rest of the mixture over the top of the chicken.
3. Cook the chicken on high for 1 hour. Then cook for 4-5 hours on low.
4. Cut the chicken in bite-sized pieces and put back in the slow cooker for about 15 minutes. Serve topped over rice.

If you like vegetables, I think this would probably be great with broccoli or mixed vegetables.

No comments:

2011 Challenge = Support Local Eateries

Read about our 2011 Challenge here.