Friday, November 20, 2009

Italian Chicken

My boss makes a chicken like this and I'm not sure what it's called. I called it Italian chicken since it has red, white, and green colors in it like the Italian flag. My other boss gave me a big bag of basil so I made pesto but you could use store bought if that is what you had on hand.

Italian Chicken:
2 chicken breasts
Pesto sauce
Mozzarella cheese (sliced or grated which is what I had on hand)
1 Roma tomato, sliced
Parmesan cheese
Salt and Pepper to taste

1. Butterfly chicken breasts and coat with olive oil, salt and pepper. Grill the chicken breasts until they are just a touch away from being completely cooked.

2. Transfer chicken to a baking sheet and top with pesto sauce, mozzarella cheese, and slices of tomato. Sprinkle a little parmesan on top and bake in a preheated 400° oven until the cheese is melted and the chicken is finished. I cooked the chicken for about 10 minutes.

James really liked this meal. He loves it when I make pesto and so I knew he would enjoy the chicken. I made him some fresh green beans sauteed in olive oil and garlic as well as some zucchini cooked the same way.

1 comment:

Jamie @ I Am A Money Magnet said...

OMG that looks soooooo good!! I want some, like now!

2011 Challenge = Support Local Eateries

Read about our 2011 Challenge here.