Thursday, November 19, 2009

Apple-Pecan Syrup

I am trying to use up things in the freezer in anticipation of James catching a ton of tuna on an upcoming trip. I had some Kashi Honey Oat frozen waffles so I decided to use them for breakfast. I saw a recipe on a blog I follow for Crustless Apple pie and it stuck in my head. I decided to make a syrup out of the recipe (even though I didn't use any measurements) for James' waffles. Using an orange plate this morning was probably not the best photographic decision so sorry about the picture quality.


Apple-Pecan syrup (these amounts are guesstimated - and keep in mind this was for one person)

1 apple, peeled, chopped, and diced
1/8 c chopped pecans
1/4 c brown sugar
1 1/2 t cinnamon
1 t lemon juice
1 T butter

1. Toss the apple with the lemon juice, brown sugar, cinnamon, and pecans.
2. Melt the butter in a non-stick skillet and then add the apple mixture. Cook over low until the apples are tender and a little bit of syrup forms. Pour over waffles or pancakes and enjoy.

James really liked the apple concoction and I think I was encouraged to make it again or use it in a pie!

No comments:

2011 Challenge = Support Local Eateries

Read about our 2011 Challenge here.