Saturday, November 15, 2008

I did it!

I wanted to run for about 2 hours today, but I actually ended up running for 2 hours and 37 minutes! I ran about 13 miles of trails, which is not a lot for that time. If I had been on the road for that amount of time I probably would have ran about 17 or 18 miles. Doesn't matter though!! Yeah for me. I must admit that my legs are pretty tight right now. All the uphill running made the front of my hips hurt.

I tried something some of the people from Hill Country Trail Runners have told me about. During the first part of the run I walked up the really steep hills. Apparently it conserves energy and it did work. I had a hard time getting myself to walk but it did work. I guess I've just been a road runner for so long that it is hard to get past the mentality that if I walk, I'm giving up. I think I'll reserve that trick only for the REALLY steep hills.

No comments:

2011 Challenge = Support Local Eateries

Read about our 2011 Challenge here.