Sunday, November 23, 2008

Baking tests today



James was saying he liked pumpkin pies the other day so I thought I would make him one. I have never baked a pumpkin pie so we'll see how this works out. I used Tyler Florence's recipe from the newest issue of Food Network magazine. I cheated, for time reasons, and used a pre-made crust I found in the freezer.
The other thing I am experimenting with are cookies to send to service men/women overseas and for a volunteer project I am doing for the Friends of the Lost Pines group. The cookies are white chocolate macadamia nut cherry cookies. It is a Paula Deen recipe from the same magazine I found the pie recipe in. I would change several things about this cookie, even though James says they are delicious. First I would add more cherries. The recipe only calls for 1/2 a cup and I would double that. I would also decrease the flour from 3 cups to 2 1/2 cups. I felt like the last bit of the dough was a too crumbly and I ended up throwing it out.
** Quick update** James says the pumpkin pie is good.

No comments:

2011 Challenge = Support Local Eateries

Read about our 2011 Challenge here.