Saturday, June 19, 2010

Tomatillo Sauce a la James

I had planned for chicken fajitas and tomatillo sauce last night, but since I was working, I asked James to cook these. He is a much better tomatillo sauce maker than I am. This sauce is so yummy and flavorful. James thinks he would have liked it better cold, but I liked it hot.



Tomatillo Sauce:
6 tomatillos
2 Poblano peppers
2 Jalapeno peppers
1 small onion
4-5 cloves of garlic
handful of cilantro (this is really to your taste)
salt (to your desired taste)

1. Over hot coals, roast the tomatillos, Poblanos, jalapenos, and onions until black. Place in a paper bag and after a few minutes, peel the skin off of each. (If you are sensitive, or not used to working with peppers, you might want to wear gloves.)

2. Place all items in a blender and puree.

So easy and yummy! We hope you enjoy!

No comments:

2011 Challenge = Support Local Eateries

Read about our 2011 Challenge here.