Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Three Ingredient Dessert!!!!

These are based on a dessert that my mom used to make when I was younger. Originally they had chunky peanut butter, but we didn't have any so I used regular.


Chocolate Chunkies:
1-1/2 c chocolate chip
1/4 c peanut butter
2-1/2 c Kashi Heart to Heart Honey Oat cereal (originally made with Cheerios - but we didn't have those)

1. In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips and peanut butter being careful to not burn the chocolate.
2. Add cereal and stir well, making sure all the cereal pieces are coated with chocolate.
3. Line a baking sheet with wax paper, and drop the chocolate/cereal mixture by tablespoonfuls (approximate) onto baking sheet. Refrigerate until solid.

I was able to get 16 chunkies out of this recipe. I think they taste better with chunky peanut butter, but they are still good. Plus, by switching the Kashi for the cereal I've added some whole grain.

1 comment:

Canned Ham Traveler said...

This looks great. I like that is only takes 3 ingredients. I will be adding that to my recipes to take along camping. Thanks for sharing!

2011 Challenge = Support Local Eateries

Read about our 2011 Challenge here.