Saturday, April 17, 2010

A different Mediterranean pizza

I was going to try something new last night with Greek quesadillas; however, someone in my family (there's only two of us) ate the last of the tortillas without telling me. Thus, I had to modify my meal plan. I decided to make Mediterranean pizza, but didn't have any pizza shells made, so I used pita bread. I also didn't have any Mozzarella cheese but I did have cheddar. I don't usually prefer a thin crust pizza, but I really liked the blend of these flavors on a thin crust.

Mediterranean pizza II

2 pita bread
1/2-3/4 c cheddar cheese
2-3 T crumbled Feta cheese
1 chicken breast, grilled and cut into pieces
kalamata olives
dried oregano
olive oil

1. Put the pitas on a baking sheet and lightly drizzle with a little olive oil. Sprinkle cheddar cheese on each of the pitas. Place chicken and olives on pizza and then sprinkle with oregano.
2. Bake at 400° for about 8-10 minutes. Enjoy!

No comments:

2011 Challenge = Support Local Eateries

Read about our 2011 Challenge here.