Tuesday, April 14, 2009

My pity party

If you want to read a post filled with positive energy, stop reading now. I am wallowing in a massive pity party and need some way to express myself and this is all I could think of.

I want to run so badly! That was taken away by the Achilles tendinitis. I want to bike so badly! That was taken away by a dislocated rib. Rib was adjusted back in, and I spent the last week recuperating from that, which was painful. Then yesterday, I finally was feeling better in regards to the ribs and back. Short-lived feelings. Last night while walking a dog, I tripped and fell. I rolled the same ankle that has tendinitis (ouch), landed on the side of my body that had the rib damage (double ouch), and scratched up my elbow (triple ouch). I didn't sleep at all last night because my ribs/back and ankle were throbbing and uncomfortable.

When will it all stop? Logically, I know that I don't have it that bad compared to thousands of people, and that is what is compounding my feelings. I feel awful that I feel so depressed when others have it so much worse. It is difficult for me because I've kind of defined myself as an endurance athlete. . .and I can't do anything anymore. I'm hoping and praying that it gets better soon.

No comments:

2011 Challenge = Support Local Eateries

Read about our 2011 Challenge here.