Thursday, October 23, 2008

Outlaw Trail 100 - 2008

Last Saturday, I participated in the Outlaw Trail 100 bike ride. My friend and I were signed up to do the 63 mile course, and my husband was going to ride the 40. Everything started out okay, even though it was a little cold. About 7 miles into the ride, my friend had a flat tire. It was so odd because I heard his bike making noise, and had just asked him what the sound was. Before he could even answer, I watched the tire pop. It was really weird. Neither one of us had a pump, but a super nice lady gave us her CO2 cartridge and pump and my friend fixed his tire (he had a spare tube). Less than two miles later, my husband had already caught up with us, he had another flat. When he looked at the tire it had a hole in it, so basically even though he had ridden on that tire for less than 100 miles it was trash. He told me and my husband to go on and that he would wait for the sag wagon. So I finished my 50 mile ride and it was challenging. Into the wind and up hills most of the way. It took me about 3 hours and 10 minutes. I enjoyed it though and was really proud of myself when I crossed the finish line. I was glad to find out that my friend was able to ride the 40 mile loop because the sag wagon had a spare tire and tube that they fitted his bike with. My husband also successfully completed the 40 mile ride. Maybe next year I'll remember to bring my camera so I can post pictures.

No comments:

2011 Challenge = Support Local Eateries

Read about our 2011 Challenge here.