Sunday, October 24, 2010

We're back!

We decided to get away for the weekend and went down to Rockport. I am not a huge fan of the coast, but James loves it so we packed up Mary and Marshmallow (the others stayed with a beast/house sitter) and took off. I loved taking pictures of the birds!

This seagull was hovering above a pier at Stinky Beach in Goose Island State park. The wind was so strong, it was literally not moving anywhere.

I made James stop on the road so I could take a picture of this caracara eating a fish. There were two of them, but one got a little scared by us stopping.

I think this might be either the coolest or scariest name for a boat.

This is a huge, old live oak tree by Goose Island State Park. It is over 1000 years old and has a circumference of a little over 35 feet. I loved the lines of the beautiful branches.

No comments:

2011 Challenge = Support Local Eateries

Read about our 2011 Challenge here.