Friday, October 15, 2010

Fudge Brownies

I was in the mood for some brownies today but wanted to try a new recipe. I used the recipe from the book, "Feed Your Family for $12.00 a Day" by Rhonda Barfield.


I didn't have all the ingredients she used, so I had to make some changes. I also halved the recipe. Because I haven't tweaked the recipe enough to make it my own, I don't feel comfortable posting it. The changes I made involved substituting pumpkin puree for prune butter and using a real egg instead of egg substitute. I also added some M&Ms I had on hand and topped the brownies with powdered sugar.

These do not have the typical brownie texture, they are a lot smoother. I am on the fence on whether I like them or not. I think for a "healthier" version of a brownie they aren't too bad, but I would never choose them over a "real" brownie. James likes them okay, but says he can taste the pumpkin puree a little (I can't or I wouldn't even be eating them.)

No comments:

2011 Challenge = Support Local Eateries

Read about our 2011 Challenge here.