Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Shopping and savings

I had a plan of action today and started early. My original CVS plan was thwarted by the weirdos who buy all of one thing, leaving none for anyone else, buy I was still able to do okay.


CVS
Total value = $ 12.67
Total savings = $12.21
Total OOP w/ tax = $0.50

Next I headed to Walmart, where surprisingly I was not hassled by a cashier. I actually had a really friendly cashier! I also went to the Dollar General for the Tide.

Walmart
Total value = $9.89
Total savings = $7.81
Total OOP = $2.08

Dollar General - I love Tide, but don't usually buy it because of the expense.
Total value = $5
Total savings = $1
Total OOP w/ tax = $4.33

Finally I was off to HEB. I got some quick stuff for J's lunches and breakfasts. I also had a couple of coupons, making the big bags of HEB chips $0.50 each, so I grabbed a couple of bags. Please excuse Marshmallow's nose, he was checking things out...as usual.

Total value = $48.70
Total savings = $10.93
Total OOP = $37.77

For the day:
Total value = $76.26
Total savings = $31.95
Total OOP w/tax (if applicable) =$44.68

For the grocery budget:
Total value = $55.68
Total savings = $15.83
Total OOP = $39.85
Not too shabby for a mornings work.

No comments:

2011 Challenge = Support Local Eateries

Read about our 2011 Challenge here.