Tuesday, March 2, 2010

No-bake Peanut Butter Chocolate dessert

I don't remember where I got this recipe from, but I think it was from the old Kraft magazines that they used to send out free. It is easy, if a little time-consuming, to make and super yummy! In case you haven't figured out from reading my blog, I love the combination of chocolate and peanut butter so this dessert is right up my alley! What I like about this is that besides being easy to make, there are so many combinations of puddings and flavors that could be used to make different versions of this dessert!

No-bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Dessert

1 c cold milk (I use skim)
1/4 c peanut butter
1 box instant chocolate pudding
1 tub of whipped topping
1 box of vanilla wafers

1. Mix the milk and peanut butter in a bowl with a whisk until combined. Add pudding and whisk until smooth. Stir or whisk in whipped topping.
2. Spread about a teaspoon of mixture onto each wafer and stack them together; fitting them into your serving dish. I just make an assembly line: smear pudding on wafer, put wafer next to wafer in serving dish, and repeat. Here's what mine looked like when I had finished putting the wafers in.


3. Spread the rest of the pudding mixture over the top of the wafers. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 6 hours. Cut and serve!




No comments:

2011 Challenge = Support Local Eateries

Read about our 2011 Challenge here.