Monday, May 4, 2009

Depressing grocery trip

I went to HEB today was was thoroughly depressed. I felt like I hardly bought anything for $40, which only leaves me with $32 for the rest of the month. The cost of everything in the store has gone up from the last time I went shopping. Additionally, I had to start buying some different things because my schedule has changed, making it more difficult to eat on a schedule...thus the lunch meat. The sad part to me is that I only bought three items that are really "processed" on my trip: the chocolate milk (I don't drink milk by itself unless it is chocolate), the tortilla chips (we live in TX!!) and the hot dogs.

I don't want to take the time to list everything, so here's the break down.

Total before sales and Q: $45.02
Total sales: $0.56
Total Q: $4.25
Total OOP w/ tax: $40.31 ($40 from grocery budget and $0.31 from change)

OUCH!!!

No comments:

2011 Challenge = Support Local Eateries

Read about our 2011 Challenge here.