Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Cookies and RAIN!!!

Let me first say . . . We are getting rain right now! It is a hard steady rain that we've had for about ten minutes. I don't know how long it will last, but I am super grateful for it.

Now on to the real reason for today's post - cookies! I made two batches of them yesterday on my day off. I have a huge stack of recipes that I want to try so I grabbed the first two recipes that I came to in which I had the ingredients. Of course I modified one of them a bit, so I'll post my modifications.

The first recipe is DOUBLE CHOCOLATE OAT COOKIES from an old Hershey cookbook. My modified version is below:
2 cup chocolate chips, divided
1/2 c butter, softened (I only use real butter in cookies)
1/2 c sugar
1 egg
1/2 t vanilla
1/2 c flour
1/4 c whole wheat flour
3/4 c quick cooking oats
1 t baking powder
1/4 t baking soda
1/8 t salt
Melt 1 cup of choc chips in microwave, being careful not to burn the choc, and set aside. Beat butter and sugar together; add melted chocolate, vanilla, and egg. In a separate bowl mix the flours, oats, baking powder and soda, and salt. Mix the two blends together and stir in the rest of the choc chips. Using a small ice cream scoop, drop dough onto ungreased cookie sheets (I used silpat sheets). Bake 8 - 10 minutes. I refrigerated the dough for a couple of hours before baking because my house was already hot when I mixed up the dough and the cookies turned out well.

Second recipe was from the Taste of Home August/Sept 2007 magazine. CHOCOLATE CHIP OATMEAL COOKIES were good. I would definitely decrease the amount of sugar by a quarter or a half. They are a little sweet, but the vanilla pudding gives them an awesome flavor. This recipe yields a ton of cookies so I froze half the cookie dough for a later time.

1 comment:

Jamie @ I Am A Money Magnet said...

Those look yummy! I have a terrible sweet tooth! Thanks for sharing.

2011 Challenge = Support Local Eateries

Read about our 2011 Challenge here.