Sunday, January 3, 2010

Whole Wheat Pancakes - Using a blender

I love whole wheat pancakes and am constantly looking for new or different recipes. I found the original recipe for these pancakes on Tammy's Recipes, but I changed it a little. I used whole wheat flour instead of wheat berries, added vanilla and flax seed. (Sorry about the picture, with a front moving in, the light in my house this morning is not good.)

Whole Wheat Pancakes

Ingredients:
1 cup milk (I used skim)
1 1/3 c whole wheat flour
2 t baking powder
2 T brown sugar
2 eggs
1 t ground flax seed
1 t vanilla
dash of salt

Instructions:
1. Using a glass blender blend milk and wheat flour for a few minutes on high until well blended.

2. Add baking powder, brown sugar, eggs, flax, vanilla, and salt to the blender. Replace lid and blend for 1 minute on low.

3. Spoon batter onto a hot greased griddle. Flip pancakes once during cooking (pancakes are ready to flip when bubbles on top stay open). Cook pancakes for several minutes, until done.

These were a very yummy, whole wheat pancake. I think only a person who likes the flavor of whole wheat products would enjoy these because the whole wheat flavor is strong. The next time I make these I am going to try substituting agave syrup for the brown sugar.

No comments:

2011 Challenge = Support Local Eateries

Read about our 2011 Challenge here.